Friday, July 24, 2015

Get Ready With Me Series Part 3 & Hikari Blus Review


Welcome back!  Happy Friday!  We’ve successfully survived another week!! 

This blog is part three of the Get Ready With Me and Review series.  In a series of blogs, I've gone over what I've used to create the look you see below.  The last two weeks we have covered the NYX HD Concealers (link) and the CoverGirl 3-in-1 Foundation (link).  This week we will cover the HIKARI blush.


Now, before we get into the blush, I need to catch you up on the steps between the foundation and the blush.  As covered in the previous blogs, you know that I first use a concealer that matches my skin tone to conceal any problem areas, then I apply the foundation, and lastly I use a concealer that is a little lighter than my skin tone to lighten up areas of my face.  After all of that I apply something to set both the concealer and the liquid foundation.

To set my concealer I use Tarte Smooth Operator.  I got a small sample around the holidays with something I bought. It's perfect to set my concealer!

To set my foundation I use Revlon Nearly Naked Press Powder in 010 Fair.

Next I use NYX Matte Bronzer in Medium. This is a staple in my makeup routine.  I discovered it years ago and have probably used it with every single makeup application I’ve done since then.  I use this to do both bronzing and contouring.  I am not someone who does a very harsh contour.  This is mainly because I am so fair, that too harsh of a contour doesn’t look right. 

Finally, I apply the HIKARI blush in Tango.  I got this in my Ipsy bag back in April (link) and I’m not going to lie, when I saw it, I was very intimidated!  I think the best description for the color is an electric watermelon! I’m so glad that I didn’t let that get in the way of me trying the blush because I LOVE IT! 


This blush has such an amazing color pay out, but it would be really really easy to get that horrid 80’s blush look.  I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.  That super bright color applied very heavily to the cheeks.  That wasn’t even a good look then!

To avoid rolling around looking like someone who is trying to relive the 80’s; I have found the best way to apply this foundation is with a stippling blush.  This allows me to apply a sheer amount and build it up until I get the look I am going for. 

The color adds a nice pink to the cheeks and gives a healthy glow.  I think this shade is absolutely perfect for spring and summer!  I honestly think it would be good for most skin tones too.  It gives that pinched pink to your cheeks, almost as if they are naturally that color and you don’t have blush on at all.

After I apply my blush, I pair this with a bit of a highlight because the blush is completely matte.  This is great for people who have oily skin and want to stay away from the shimmery or sparkly shades.  Today I used the Mary Kay highlight, but I’m any highlight would do. 

Next week, for the final blog in this series, will cover what I did for my eye look and a review on the Ulta Lip Crayon that I got as a sample when I did my Ulta order.  If you’re interested in seeing the lip crayon, it’s included in the blog I did about my Walmart and Ulta haul (link).

Until next week!

Xoxo,

Mikal-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment