Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday Morning Coffee: April Ipsy


Hi lovelies!  Ok, so I know, this post is SUPER late! Time has just been flying by with everything going on.  So... better late than never, right!? 


Hikari Cosmetics Blush in Tango

What Ipsy says: 

"What it is: Vibrant, easy to blend color that highlights the cheekbones.
What it does: Designed to highlight your complexion, this weightless blush can be used lightly for a fresh look or layered for a dramatic look. An effortless application to the cheekbones that lasts all day!"

I LOVE THIS!!  Seriously!  This is a gorgeous shade! I have pretty much been using this since the day I got it.  The blush is super pigmented and you have to use a light hand when you are applying it.  Otherwise you will end up looking like someone out of the 80’s! I have found that a stippling brush is the best to apply this blush!


LATHER Ultra Face Lotion

What Ipsy says: 

"LATHER’s most popular facial moisturizer, this gentle nutrient-rich botanical lotion is perfect for normal-to-oily, combination or sensitive skin. This lotion has a lightweight texture, absorbs rapidly and does not leave an oily film on the skin. Special ingredients, such as borage and grape seed oils, make this lotion especially effective for damaged or problem skin. Those with sensitive skin will find it gentle and non-irritating. Paraben-free."

Ok, being honest, I haven't tried this one yet... I get nervous trying new moisturizers because my face can be so sensitive and super reactive when I try new skin care...


theBalm Cosmetic NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single in Flirty

What Ipsy says:

"Introducing theBalm's latest addition to the Nude series... Nude Dude! Get a quick look using any combination of these triple-milled shadows or dress up your look by adding water to transform your favorite shades into loyal liners. The shadows can be worn wet or dry and alone or layered for added intensity, so go ahead and cover (or uncover) your eyes."

Ipsy describes this color as a shimmering golden violet and that is the perfect way to describe this shade.  It is really cool! I'm not sure my picture even really does it justice.  The shade can really change depending on how the light hits it.  

I do think this is one that you have to apply carefully because of one reason.  when I first got my Ipsy bag, I always instantly swatch everything I can.  I swatched this one on the back of my hand, much like I did in the picture above.  Later that day, I still had this on the back of my hand and when the light hit it just right, I thought, when did I get that bruise. Then, after further inspection, I remembered it was just the eyeshadow!!... So, be careful! You don't want to have people thinking you have a black eye!!!


MicaBeauty Eye Primer

What Ipsy says:

"MicaBeauty Eye Primer is perfect for everything from sealing in eye shadows and foundation, to enhancing your all-day look. Go from shimmer to matte in just seconds. This waterproof formula provides the perfect foundation for a long-lasting, smudge proof look that is designed for your active lifestyle. This eye primer helps even out skin tone as well as extending and intensifying your mineral eye shadows, without creasing, smearing, or fading."

I have tried this product once and that was enough for me! This is by far the worst eye primer! It is super dry and cakey!  I had a hard time getting it to smooth out on my eyelid.  The whole time I was applying it, I felt like I was tugging at my eyelid. Then, my shadow didn't evenly apply and it creased like crazy!!... This one is definitely going into the drawer of misfits to never be used again!


Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint

What Ipsy says:

"The Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint is an all-natural, sheer, tinted balm that gives your lips and cheeks a slight flush and dewy finish. Apply desired amount to lips for nourishment, protection, and color. Dab a small amount on cheeks as a light cream blush. It’s perfect for beauty on-the-go; it brightens the whole face with a sheer rosey flush for the cheeks, gloss for the lips, and a sweet orange scent!"

When I opened this and saw the color, I was super excited... for a second and then I could smell it! I can't put my finger on what it smells like, but it is awful!!  I am so disappointed that the smell is so bad because this is such a beautiful shade!

Cost break down!
Hikari Cosmetics Blush in Tango (link) - $15.00
LATHER Ultra Face Lotion (link) - A 2oz bottle is $21.00. The bottle it got was 1oz = $10.50
theBalm Cosmetic NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single (link) – this is a single of a big pallet that costs $36.  The single breaks down to $3.
MicaBeauty Eye Primer (link) – The full product sells for $44.95 and the one I got in my bag is half the size - $22.00
Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint (link) – This is a full size product - $10

And the grand total is .......... $60.50!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment