Friday, July 3, 2015

Get Ready With Me Series Part 1 & NYX HD Concealers


Hello Lovelies! Today is going to be the first day of a series that I have never tried before.  This series will be a multi part blog, one each week, that follows along as I do a full face look.  It will essentially be a Get Ready With Me Post. But, the fun twist, I will be doing reviews along the way.

Below is a picture of my bare face look and then the finished look.  


This is such a simple look and is pretty close to the everyday smoke eye blog I posted a few posts ago (link), just a little bit lighter of an eye look. 


Let's get started!


So, a breakdown of the picture above.  The picture on the right is me with a bare face.  As you can see I have that traditional fair and freckled skin issues.  I struggle with some pretty intense under eye dark circles and my freckles tend to make my skin look a bit splotchy. All I have on in this picture would be my moisturizer and on this day I also had some extra sunscreen because I knew I was spending the day in the sun.  Many of my products already have SPF in them, but I like to add face specific sunscreen for some extra little punch of protection!  Gotta love being fair skinned! lol ... oh! I also have a foundation primer on.

I use two shades of the NYX HD Concealer.  I use the Beige shade very first. In the picture by the '1' I have applied the Beige shade in this step.  I have applied this in a few different ways.  I've used my beauty blender and also my Sigma flat top kabuki brush and i have found that I like to do a bit of a combination.  I use the little applicator to apply it under my eyes in a bit of a triangle shape to ensure I'm getting all of my dark circles covered.  I use my flat top kabuki brush to blend it in and then if I feel like I need to help it sink in a little more then I will use my beauty blender to kind of press it into my skin. This shade is a pretty good match for my skin tone already and definitely does a good job of covering those circles. 

After I apply the Beige shade I will then apply my foundation.  On this day I used the Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation.  Next week's blog I will go over this and share my review of this product!  Stay tuned!

After I have applied my foundation, I will then use the Porcelain shade as an under eye highlight.  I apply this in the same way as the other shade.  I use the applicator to get the product on my face then then blend it out with the Sigma flat top kabuki brush.  I then go back in with my beauty blender to ensure that both the concealers and the foundation are blended well.

This may seem like a lot, but I promise it isn't!  I make sure to use my Tarte finishing powder to set my concealer.  Another important thing, when you are setting your foundation, try to stay away from where you've applied under eye concealer, this helps ensure you don't get a cakey look.

Now... what do I think...

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!  Way to go NYX!  

If we're being honest, I'm not surprised at all because I don't think there is a NYX product that I've tried that I haven't liked.  The concealer does a good job of both covering up my dark circles, but it doesn't fade throughout the day or settle into any lines.  We all have those little lines around our eyes and in my opinion, nothing can age someone more than to have product settled into those lines.  

I know it seems like over kill that I use two shades of concealer and if I"m being honest, I don't always do this!  If I'm doing a quick look, I will apply my foundation and then just use the Porcelain shade to conceal and highlight and it works great!  

If you're interested in trying this out click here and you can head on over the the Ulta website to take a peek!

Make sure you come back next week to see the next etep and my review of the CoverGirl 3-in-1 Foundation!

I hope everyone has and amazing Independence Day weekend ahead!

Until next week!

xoxo,
Mikal-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment