Friday, July 10, 2015

Get Ready With Me Series Part 2 & CoverGirl 3-in-1 Foundation


Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed last weeks blog! I am really enjoying doing a series of blogs that are linked together! If you missed it, last week I talked about the NYX HD Concealer, if you'd like to check that out, click here!



Now... onto today's product... I used the Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation in shade 820, creamy natural.. When I am doing a full face routine my foundation is actually my second step ... well, third, if you count primer.  I will apply primer, a concealer that matches my skin tone to cover up my dark circles and then I will apply foundation.  

The 3-in-1 is a glass bottle with a pump.  Can you say YAY!  I love products that have a pump.  I feel like they are less messy and that it's easier to get to the product.  

I will pump about 1.5 to 2 pumps to the back of my hand.  I will apply a little more on the days that I skip using concealer under my foundation. 

I have applied this foundation both with a brush and a beauty blender and it works well both ways.  However, right now I am leaning more towards applying with my beauty blender for one reason.  I am struggling with a little bit of dry skin on my nose.  When I apply foundation with the beauty blender, my foundation doesn't seem to stick to my dry spots.  I just end up with a better finished product.


Now, addressing the picture.  The picture on the left I have only applied my moisturizer and primer.  The picture on the right is after I've applied the concealer and then my foundation.  

Now, what do I think ... you can probably already tell :-)

I LOVE this product and have been using it for a long time.  This is probably my 4th or 5th bottle that I've purchased.  It's one of those products that when I notice that I'm starting to get a little low, I go buy another bottle! I don't want to run out!

I would say that this a a medium coverage foundation that is definitely build-able.  Because I have freckles, I can't really rock a true full coverage foundation because it looks weird if I completely cover up my freckles.  However, I do need a good foundation that will even out the way my skin looks and this product does this!

I do notice that I will get a little bit of break down around my chin but I think that's because I am a face toucher.  I find myself resting my chin on my hand throughout the day and I think this cause it to break down a bit.  I have not noticed a breakdown anywhere else.

Easy to apply, long lasting, and a drug store foundation... SCORE!!

Have you tried this foundation out? ... What do you think?

Make sure to come back next week for a review of Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes Review!!  This series will pick up the week after!

Until next time!

xoxo,
Mikal-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment