Friday, July 17, 2015

Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes Review


Good morning lovelies! How can it already be the middle of July!?  I know, I know, everyone says that.  But, seriously?!  Where has time gone?  Before we know it, snow will be falling… Well, for those of us who get snow!

Ok, I know you’re not here to listen to me talk about how fast time is going … I had been planning to do a review of the Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes and with the launch of the new version, I figured this was a good week to do it!  I will continue the Get Ready With Me series next week.

A few weeks back I won a Younique Moodstruck 3d Fiber Lash Mascara set in a raffle.  I’m sure I’m not the only one who has seen Younique mascara everywhere.  I seem to be friends with a few people who are Younique representatives and have asked me a few times to try it out.  I’m not going to lie, I usually thought that it was either too expensive to justify purchasing because I have naturally fairly long lashes anyway.  However, winning it seemed like a good way to try it out!  

This is what Younique’s website (link) has to say

Go for up to 3x the wow factor with Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes that are water-resistant, yet wash off easily with Shine Eye Makeup Remover Cloths. This is quite possibly the most mood-altering, life-changing product in the cosmetics world!

And

Learn how Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes+, our enhanced formula, will increase your average lash volume by up to 400%*. To purchase your own 3D Fiber Lashes+, contact your Younique Presenter or go to www.youniqueproducts.com to find a Presenter.

Directions:

Three simple steps to long, sexy lashes
Apply an even coat of Transplanting Gel to lashes.
Immediately Apply Natural Fibers while Transplanting Gel is wet.
Seal the fibers with Transplanting Gel. Repeat until you've reached desired fullness.

Ingredients:

Transplanting Gel Ingredients: Water, Beeswax (Natural Propolis), Carnauba (Brazilian palm glue), Iron Oxide Cl 77499 (Black), Collagen, Acrylates Copolymer, Nylon, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol. .23 FL OZ / 7 ml

Natural Fibers Ingredients: 100% Natural Fibers taken from Green Tea. Net WT .02 OZ/ .5g.

Collagen is a type of protein that works with elastin to give skin its texture, structure, and appearance. It contains antioxidants, and may help add volume and shine to the appearance of eyelashes.

Water (Aqua) is the liquid of life! Hydrates and cleanses the skin, and works as a natural spreading component, helping to distribute other ingredients evenly over the skin.

Beeswax (Natural Propolis) is a brownish, resinous material collected by bees and believed to have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.

Carnauba (Brazilian Palm Glue) is extracted and refined through a pressing and crushing process that turns the palm glue into an oil, creating the sticky nature of the transplanting gel. It is also believed to act as a natural preservative.

Iron Oxide Cl 77499 (Black) is a technical name for Black Iron Oxide. This naturally-occurring mineral acts a colorant, giving the gel its striking black color.

Acrylates Copolymer is an adhesive and binder, as well as a suspending agent.

Nylon is a powder substance that is used as an absorbent and thickening agent.

Stearic Acid (also known as Palmitic Acid) is an organic nutrient derived from palm trees that is often used to soothe and soften the skin.

Propylene Glycol is a humidifying and delivery ingredient.

I browsed the website a bit to get any information I could about how to best use this product.  They have a link to a few videos that seem to help.  I also checked out a friend of mine’s facebook page, Younique by Robyn (link). She has amazing how to videos for many of the Younique products, including the Fiber Lashes.  If you're interested in ordering, you should also check out her site (link).

So, after doing a bit of research I started my trial and error session. I do have to say, this is both an easy product and a hard product to use.  I know, that doesn’t make much sense, but this is way.  The steps are pretty much common sense.  First apply the mascara, then the fibers, then the mascara to set it all.  Here’s the thing, the mascara is a super wet formula.  Which I half expected it would have to be to get the fibers to stick.  I, however, am use to using more of a dry formula.  So, I struggled a bit.


I tried this a few different ways.  I tried both with just the Fiber Lashes and then also with my normal mascara as a base.  You can see my results in the pictures below.


1 - No mascara

2 - Younique Fiber Lashes

3 -  Normal mascara routine

4 - Normal mascara routine with Younique Fiber Lashes on top.

This is my conclusion …. I’m not really sure what all the hype is.  Yes, you can see a difference when I use the Fiber Lashes with my normal mascara.  You can see longer and fuller lashes… but do I really want to pay for all that different types of mascara?!  Plus here’s two cons:

1 – Because of the wet formula, when I tried to build up the look, I really struggled with getting my lashes to separate.  No matter what, I always had to go back in with another mascara and use it to separate my lashes. I am not a fan of the clumpy lashes and really had to work at unclumping them.

2 – This may just be because I have fairly long lashes naturally, but I struggled with getting the transplanting gel on my eye lid.  This isn’t something I’m unfamiliar with, but the thing that makes this a con is, it is damn near impossible to get off without removing my eye make up!  With all other mascaras, I just go in with a a blending brush and that will remove it.  As you can see in the picture below, I wasn’t able to get it to blend away.  You can still see a bit of the black in my crease. 


Do I hate this product, no, definitely not and  I will probably keep using this until I use it up.  However, I probably won't repurchase it.  I can see how someone with no length to their lashes could get this to build up and create a nice look.  However,  for the price, this is definitely a look you can achieve but finding the right mascaras to use.  Heck, looking at the pictures, it’s almost hard to tell which picture I have the fibers on. For me, I’m not thinking this is something that I will get much use out of.

I must say, I am slightly disappointed.  I was so looking forward to this product and I was so sure that because of the way people rave that I would surely fall in love with it!  This definitely goes to show how a product doesn’t always work for everyone!  That’s what I love about trying out and reviewing new things.  You may find something that doesn’t work for you, but you also might find something that is a new holy grail item!

Now, I must mention.  Younique came out with a new version of their fiber lashes on Wednesday. After doing some research and watching some videos, it seems to me like the things that I found as cons, haven't been fixed.  Bummer! Although, my pocket book probably is happy with the fact that I'm more impressed with my cheap drug store mascara and not the expensive one! Ha!

Next week week we'll return

Until next week lovelies!

Xoxo,

Mikal-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment