Thursday, June 25, 2015

No Bake Protein Balls

Well, today is a busy day!! I am currently in the process of getting ready to head to another softball tournament.  Yes.. I know.. Surprise, Surprise!  That is the name of our game during the summer months.  Fingers crossed for another great weekend.  We had an amazing weekend last year and I got to watch the BF win both the Men's and CoEd division at the tournament last weekend.  I'm sure you other girlfriends know what I mean when I say it is so fun to get to watch you're guy do what he loves to do!


Anyways, back to today's blog! ... I want to share with you one of the things that is becoming a staple for our out of town tournaments... No Bake Protein Balls.  I discovered one day when I was browsing Pinterest a few recipes for essentially no bake oatmeal cookies.  I found two recopies and have developed what has become a no bake protein oatmeal butterscotch/chocolate chip cookie.  They are amazing and so simple!  I will link at the end of the post the links to the two original recesses that I modified to create mine.  These can also be found on my "Softball Widow" Pinterest board!

Now... on to the recipe!!


Seriously, what you see above is pretty much all you need! I forgot to include the vanilla in this picture.  It's that simple!

Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup vanilla protein power
1/2 cup of each butterscotch and chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
Coconut - I failed to actually measure this.  But at the last minute I just dumped a little in the bowl.  It probably ended up being about 1/4 of a cup.

Instructions:

I have found that the easiest way to get everything all mixed togheter
1 - Mix your oatmeal and protein together in a bowl and set it aside.
2 - Combine your honey and peanut butter together and then stick it in the microwave for about 30 or 45 seconds.  Essentially just long enough to make the peanut butter more runny and easier to combine with the other ingredients.  Keep in mind that if you have it too hot, when you add you chocolate and butterscotch chips they will melt!
3 - After you have completely mixed your peanut butter and honey, add in your vanilla and then slowly add in your oatmeal/protein mixture.
4 - Finally add in your chocolate/butterscotch chips and coconut.
5 - Create bit sized balls and place them on a baking sheet and place them in the fridge to cool.  After they have cooled the peanut butter and honey will act as the binding agent.


This makes about 28 bite sized balls. 



And that's it!  These have seriously been such a hit ... Your feel like you are getting a treat and there's not much to them!

Like I said, modified a few other recipes to come up with this one.  If you are interested in the original recipes, here are the links!

www.busybuthealthy.com - No Bake Chocolate chip Cookie Dough Protein Bars
mycrazygoodlife.com - Oatmeal Energy Clusters

Until next time!

xoxo,
Mikal-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment