Friday, June 5, 2015

Smokey Everyday Face of the Day


Howdy howdy!  As I mentioned in my previous blog, last weekend I had a busy Saturday, visiting our local farmer's market with a friend, working in my garden, and heading to a graduation party for the daughter of a family friend.  When I was getting ready that morning, I knew I needed to do a full face look that would last all day.  When I say last day, I mean without a ton of touch up.  Cause, girls, I am not someone who is good at doing touch ups.  With the exception of my lip color, I don't often apply much after the initial application...  This is what I came up with!



Face makeup:

  • Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer
  • CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous, 3-in-1 Foundation in 820 Creamy Natural
  • NYX HD Concealer in CW04 Beige - for covering up my dark circles
  • NYX HD Concealer in CW01 Porcelain - for additional coverage but mainly to highlight my under eye
  • Tarte Smooth Operator - to set my under eye concealer.  This is not picture above.  I got a small sample around the holidays with something I bought. It's perfect to set my concealer!
  • Revlon Nearly Nake Press Powerder in 010 Fair - to set my foundation.  I apply this lightly all over my face, being careful to not apply where my concealer is.  If it catches where my concealer is, sometimes it can settle into lines. 
  • NYX Matte Bronzer in Medium - I both bronze and contour  with this product.  
  • HIKARI blush in Tango - Love love love this shade.  It's super pigmented so I apply with with a stipling brush to ensure I have a light hand with it.  I got this in my April Ipsy bag, check out the post here!
  • Mary Kay highlight in Pink Stardust - I lightly apply this on the tops of my cheekbones.  Tango is a matte blush and sometimes I just want a little highlight on my cheeks!
Eye make up:
  • Mary Kay Eye primer
  • Ulta eye shadow in Bermuda Sand - I apply this all over my eye lid and all the way up to my eye brow.  I seriously love this shadow! I don't think I do a single eye look that doesn't start out with this shade.  It is great as a base and just as great all by it's self!  
  • Urban Decay eye shadow in Beware from the Oz Great & Powerful pallet - I take this on a big fluffy brush and apply it in my crease.  I use this as a base to start darkening up my outer corner.  But because I apply it with a big fluffy brush it also sets down the shade to work as a transition shade. 
  • Urban Decay eye shadow in West from the Oz Great & Powerful pallet - This is the dark shadow that I use to darken up my outer corner of my eye lid.  I place this from my outer corner inwards and start up into my crease.  This is a shade that can be really dramatic or an every day shade.  Just apply as much until you get the look you want.  I often time also bring this down onto my lower lash line to work as my eye liner on my lower lid.  It has a shimmer to it that is beautiful!
  • Mary Kay eye shadow in Cooper Glow - Ah! This is such a beautiful shade! It's great for just adding a little extra kick to your eye look.  I take a big fluffy brush and use this to buff out the colors already in my outer corner in and crease.  It adds a little extra without looking like you've put whole other color into the mix.
  • Ulta eye shadow in Au Naturel - This is another shadow that use in every look I do.  I take this on a big fluffy brush and I buff and blend out the edge of the other shadows up to my eye brow.  This is a good skin tone color that will make sure you don't have any harsh edges.
  • Revlon Color Stay eye liner in Brown - I apply this on my upper lash line and my lower lash line.  Then I use the built in smudger to smudge out my lower lash line.  I only place this from my outer corner to about 3/4 of the way in.  I find on my eye, it is too harsh of a look to go all the way to my inner corner.
  • Ulta eye shadow in a dark brown color - Sorry guys! I depotted this color and now I don't know what shade it is! This is a color that matches the eye liner I use on a daily basis.  I use this on an eye liner brush and use it to set the eye liner I have applied. This sets the pencil liner and also soften the edges.
Don't judge me, but I use three mascaras! Yes, three!  But the look I get, I just can't get with just one.  What I love is that with the three mascaras I get three different consistencies of mascara and brushes. This allows me to lengthen, built up volume, and ensure I don't end up with those spidery and clumpy lashes.  No girl has time for that!!
  • Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Lusious in Blackened Brown
  • L'Oreal Paris Extra Volume Collagen Mascara in Black Brown
  • Almay One Coat, Get Up & Grow in Black Brown

Lips and Eyebrow Makeup:
  • Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil in Tantalizing Taupe - I got this in my May Ipsy bag, read my blog about it here!
  • Jane Iredale Bitty Brow Kit - I use the powder in this kit to soften the edges of the pencil
  • Mary Key Eyebrow Gel
  • NYX lip liner in Nude Pink
  • Tarte LipSurgence in Romantic
  • Tarte LipSurgence Lipglass in Visionary
Now, how did it all last... below is a picture I took at the graduation party.  I put on my makeup that morning around 9 am and this picture below is taken probably around 8 pm... 
  • My my lip color has rubbed off.  We ate dinner and I never re-applied my lip color.  
  • My hair - I had taken out my bobby pins that had the front of my hair pinned up because they were bothering me.  It rained and so the curls in my hair fell a bit flat
  • My foundation and concealer has lasted, but my cheek color and bronzer has faded a bit..
Over all, I think this looks good figuring between applying it and this picture I had gone to the farmer's market, planted in my garden, and gone to the graduation party!  


What do you think!?  Would you want to try any of these products if you were looking for a long lasting look? .. I hope you enjoyed this look!  I wear this look often and these seem to be my go to products that I know I can count on!

xoxo,
Mikal-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment