Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Morning Coffee: Liebster Award


Good morning lovelies!  As you can probably tell, I had taken some time away from the blog.  If you follow me on twitter (link) you may know that I had a family member have some medical issues.  I spent some time with them and had to get back into the swing of things.  When I logged back into write today's Monday Morning Coffee post, I found a comment on my last Monday Morning Coffee talking about my mini weekend away (link).  The comment was from Janine Hill, writer of A Beautiful Whim (link),  nominating me for a Liebster Award! 

I'm not going to lie, I had to do some investigating because I wasn't sure what this award was! The award is given to bloggers by bloggers.  First, the person receiving the nomination answers eleven questions chosen by the person who nominated them. Second, you nominate other bloggers.  Lastly,  you come up with eleven more questions for the people you nominate to answer. 

This is such a fun concept! Connecting bloggers and giving them kudos for what they are doing it! I love it! This was such an amazing thing to find today! I write this blog because I enjoy sharing and I wonder if anyone is actually reading and gaining something from it.  Finding this comment from Janine was so heart warming!!  Please stop by A Beautiful Whim.  I hadn't read her blog before my nomination, but if only one thing comes out of this, I have found another blog to read! 

Now off to the questions!

1.  What is a cosmetic brand that you have always wanted to try but haven’t yet?
I must say I have to go with Make Up For Ever.  Everyone raves about the HD foundation and I really want to try it!  

2.  Do you wear false lashes and if so, what are your favorite lashes to wear?
I don't wear false lashes on a regular basis, but yes, I do wear them occasionally.  The ones I currently have in my make up drawer are the Ever Ez Lashes.  These are a combination of individual lashes and full strip lashes.  They are small clusters of lashes.  Way easier to apply than individual lashes but you have more control of the look then you do with a full strip false lash.  Easy to apply and easy to work with!

3.  What beauty product do you have in your collection right now that is your absolute favorite?
This one is a hard one! There are so many things that I love.  I actually had to go to my collection and look through it to decide. But I would have to say the Cover Girl 3-in-1 foundation.  It's truly amazing.  I can use this foundation to created both a medium and full coverage look.  Plus it's such a natural look!!

4.   What makeup brand has always been a disappointment to you?
I don't think I have ever had a brand where the whole brand has disappointed me.  I think that every line has it's amazing products and it's duds.  For this questions, I would have to pick Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation.  It was a major disappointment for me.  I had seen many bloggers and YouTube vloggers rave about this product and it just didn't work for me!

5.   What is your favorite food?
Do I have to pick just one thing!? Haha, I come from a family of food lovers and there are so many options.  Anything that my Grandmother makes is truly amazing, but specifically she makes this BBQ chicken that is AMAZING! It practically falls off the bone.  Man, my mouth is watering thinking about it!!

6.  What is funniest or cutest question a child has ever asked you?
I can't currently think of a question I've been asked, but I can think of a statement.  Does that work? ... I was in a shoe store in our local mall and one of the sales associates was helping a lady and her son.  The boy was probably around 5.  This was right after Kung Fu Panda came out and he caught my attention because I heard him make karate noises.  As soon as I look over, he says to the sales associate, "Watch Out! I know Kung Fu!" It was so super cute! I love kids!

7.  What is the best liquid foundation that you have ever used?
Ok, so I think I should have read ahead and read all of the questions because now I'm going to duplicate my answer to #3.  This has to my the Cover Girl 3-in-1 foundation! I honestly think that everyone should have this in their collection! Plus, it's a drug store foundation. Can you say SCORE!?

8.  What is a smell that immediately reminds you of your childhood?
This one is easy! It's usually the smell of something cooking.  My mom makes a dish that we call Ranch Chicken.  It's chicken cooked in ranch and served with mashed potatoes.  Ugh, it's so good! Not healthy, but how many of the true comfort food dishes are?!

9.  How do you take the photos for your blog (camera, iphone, type of lighting, etc)?
Since I am a newbie at this, my photos are taken on my Iphone 5 and any lighting I have is usually natural lighting.  I should probably take the leap to a more professional set up, but for right now it's working.  I hope! :-)

10.  What is the next cosmetic product on your wish list that you are going to buy?
I am actually going to complete an Ulta order once I am done with this blog!  The new thing on my list to buy is the NYX HD Concealer.  

11.  What is an interesting fact that people would not likely know about the city or country that you live in?
I live in a fairly small town, Missoula, Montana. It is an amazing town. I love it.  If you ever have the opportunity to visit, please do.  There are a few things that are fun about this town, but for the football fans, it would probably have to be that John Elway lived here and played in our football program for young kids!

For those of you who are reality TV fans.  The Real Housewives of New York actually visited a upscale resort, Paws Up, that is just outside of Missoula in season 6 (I believe).  The town that they fly into is Missoula!

Now on to the blogs that I nominate! 


My Questions for you:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. When you have had a bad day, what is the comfort meal you make?
3. What is a random or unknown fact about you?
4. If you had one day with unlimited funds, what would you do?
5. What make up product could you not live without?
6. What is one make up tip do you think everyone should know?
7. What is your favorite way to relax and unwind?
8. What is your most favorite moment (or moments) of your life so far?
9. Where do you find the inspirations for your blog posts?
10. What would be number one on your bucket list?
11. What is one thing you want readers to walk away with after reading your blog?

I am so excited to see the answers to my questions!  Thank you again Janine, this was so much fun to do!!

XOXO,
Mikal-Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment