Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday Morning Coffee - Weekend Away


Good morning lovelies! Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend.  I know I did!  I got to visit my parents and my parents this weekend.   Which is way this blog is late getting up!  Technology just wasn't my friend!  Maybe it should be Monday Evening Wine instead!


My parents moved from Montana to Washington almost four years ago now.  I remember when they told me they were moving, I had a moment thinking, hey, isn’t it the kids that are supposed to move away, not the kids?  I feel like we’re doing this backwards! I was a grown adult and had been living on my own for years, so I was stable and good.  But, I had always lived in the same town as my parents and had made choices after college to stay in town so I could be close to my family.  I have a younger sister and wanted to be able to stay active in her life.  Thankfully, they only moved about 3 hours way, so I get to see them on a fairly regular basis!  I am thankful for that!

Anywho!  I headed over to Washington to spend the holiday with my family and thought I would share with you what I packed! 

When it comes to packing, I will NEVER be accused of under packing! I am very much so an over packer.  I have this fear of forgetting something and being in need of it.  I don’t know why, it’s not like  I’m out in the middle of nowhere and couldn’t get my hands on something, if I did happen to forget it!  But I commonly will throw something else in my bag, "just in case".

This trip had nothing special planned, so I just needed my everyday things, clothes, makeup, and bathroom stuff for me and then dog food, some treats, harness, and leash for the little man. Seems simple, but yet for being gone for four days, I still managed to over pack!


Lets start with my first bag. I like to separate my stuff out by when it's used.  My frist bag is my bathroom stuff.  So I have the stuff I have to take with me to shower in the morning or get ready for bed at night.  I like to separate this from my make up because I don't always need both at the same time. Plus who would want to lug a bag that's big enough to lug all of that stuff around?!?!?



I have had this pink and black bag forever! I'm not positive, but I think I got it at the drug store. The bag has the following:



- Shampoo and Conditioner.  These are just refill able bottles.  I haven't had to refill them in a long time, so I'm not totally sure what brand is in there, but I think it's the volume version of  Tresemme'

- Refillable pink squeeze bottle with the Mary Kay shave lotion/body wash.
- Travel size lotion.  
- Travel size bottles of both Tresemme' dry shampoo and hair spray.
- Refillable white bottle with Mary Kay Blemish Control Toner.
- Contact solution, case, and spare lenses.
- Toothpaste and floss.
- Carmex
- Orange container with small clear hair elastics
- Pink container with Mary Kay Timewise Moisturizer.
- Mary Kay Day and Night Solution
- Mary Kay eye cream
- I have repurposed a lotion container (the white one that the pink conttainer is on top of), and now I put my normal sized hair elastics and bobby pins in it.
- You may not be able to see it in the picture, but there is also my tooth brush, a wide tooth comb, and a nail file in there.



To save space in my bathroom bag, I take my normal containers and put the product in small travel sized containers.  My moisturizer, eye make up remover, and toner are all put into travel sized containers to save space.  I also have a baggie that has some q-tips, cotton squares, and face cleanser towels. 



Now, I keep my make up separate.  This is for ease and space.  For camping weekends or weekends at the softball fields, I pack a little lighter on the make up, but heading to my parents, I bring whatever I need for a full face.  Just in case we head out for a girls day shopping or anything, I know I can put together a full face!  Here's what I brought with me this weekend:




- I pack all of my make up in a Glitzy Glam make up bag.  This is the online store of YouTuber's Elle and Blair Fowler. (Click here for the website).  I like this bag, it's big and durable and is the perfect size!

- Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer
- Cover Girl, Ready Set Gorgeous in shade 105
- Cover Girl, Outlast Stay Fabulous Stay Fabulous 3 in 1, in shade 820.  I'm currently mixing foundations to get the right shade and combining these creates the perfect foundation!
- Real Techniques beauty blender sponge.
- Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 concealer.  I use this one to cover up my dark circles and any other spots that are acting up.
- Cover Girl, Ready Set Gorgeous concealer in shade fair.  I use this one to highlight.  I am really fair skinned and it have to work to make sure my face doesn't fall flat. 
- Tarte Smooth Operator -  This is a small sample size that I got in a holiday collection.  I'm currently using this to set my under eye concealer. 
- Revlon Nearly Naked pressed powder in Fair 010
NYX Matte Bronzer in Medium - To be honest, this is probably a bit too dark for me, I have to use a light hand with it because it packs a punch!  It is a beautiful bronzer though!
- Jane Iredale, Bitty Brow Kit 
- Mary Kay eye shadow primer.
- Z Pallet with blushes and shadows.  I grab this almost anytime I travel because it has many shades of blushes and some staple colors of eye shadows, plus a bronzer and a highlight.  It's perfect
- The original Lorac Pro eye shadow pallet.  I like to take a pallet that has a full spectrum of colors, so that way I can do any eye look I may want.
- Pacifica eye shadow in Ethereal.  This is the perfect highlight for the inner corner of your eye!
- Pixi by Petra eye shadow duo in Apricot Glow.  I got this in my Ipsy bag this month and it's a current favorite!
- Revlon, Color Stay, eye liner in black brown.  This is a long standing favorite.  I have been using it for years and can't run out of it.  I always have an unopened back up waiting to be used!
Now, don't judge me here, I use three different types of mascaras!  Yes, three! they each do something different!!
- (first) Revlon, Lash Potion in black brown.  This us a great lengthening mascara!
- (second) Almay, Get Up & Grow in black brown.  Great for separating and avoiding spider lashes!  This is a great multi benefit mascara!  It does it all.
- (third) is a Revlon mascara in black brown, but it's so loved that I can't read the name!
- Travel container of all my favorite brushes!


Wow! Ok, I definitely don't travel light!! Please tell me I'm not the only one!!



Here's a picture of a look I put together with what I packed!



I love going out of town and having adventures, but hate the prep!  It seems like on either way of the trip there is always lots to do!  I work full time, so I have to do most of my errands and chores on the weekend.  So, when I’m gone, I have to get those things done during the week before I go and after I return.  I do see laundry in my future tonight!  I have to say, that is one of my least favorite things!!  I do wish I had the life of my little man though (pictured above), he’ll sleep all day today after being with my parents’ pups all weekend!  He has some recovering to do!!  


Hoping everyone's Easter was wonderful and blessed!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!

xoxo,
Mikal-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment