Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Favorites - My Holy Grail Skin Cleansing Products


Ok, so I have finally experienced my karma!  I have always been that girl who walked around saying, "I'm lucky, my face is low maintenance".  Mind you I do have semi sensitive skin and have to be careful what products I'm using, but for the most part, it's taken very little work... Well, that was until a few months ago.  All of the sudden my face broke out all over the place.  I had pimples and zits come out of no where.  One on my check I swear was big enough to probably be named.  No joke, seriously!  My little sister told me this was my karma, and, she's probably right.  

First thing I had to do was stop committing the cardinal sin... going to bed without washing my face..  Yes, let the shaming begin.  I know you aren't supposed to do that, but I did! But that had to stop immediately.  With that begun the hunt for the perfect skin cleansing routine!  After many trial and errors, this is what I have found!!




Face masks:

What I have found is that my face requires to one deep clean my pores regularly and then also moisturizing it.  The deep clean drys out my face and my face reacts and breaks out.  About 2 times a week I do a double mask combo.  I use the Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask and Dead Sea Mineral Anti-Stress Mask from Freeman.  These are great.  I first use the polishing mask to get off any dead skin and any build up on my face.  I then follow that with the Dead Sea Minerals mask.  These seem to be the perfect double punch to take care of what ever I already have developed, clean up any of the dry skin around problem areas, and then clean out anything that's developing.

Daily skin care routine:

My face will figure products out fairly quickly and whatever I'm using will stop working.  Because of that, I use a combination of things.  I usually split up things with morning and night products, to stretch out the time before my face figures the product out. 

I'm going to start at night, because to me this is the most important part because you have to get off all of the make up and grim for the day.  I have to say the thing I've found that has honestly been the most amazing is the Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil.  I love this stuff so much, that as soon as the bottle gets to about the half way point, I buy a back up to ensure I wont run out!  I have always felt in the past that when I am washing my face at night that I was really just getting my make up off and not getting a good cleansing of my face.  What I love about this oil is that it removes my make up before I start cleansing.  First, you apply the oil to your face and rub it in all over your face.  This stuff is amazing!! It takes everything off.  With about two pumps I am able to take off all of my face and eye make up.  After you have evenly distributed the product over your face, you then wet your hands, and then rub your face again.  Adding the water causes the oil to emulsify.  Finish by rinsing off.  Honestly, my face feels so great that I could probably stop with this step.  The cleansing oil makes my face feel so clean and moisturized, it's awesome!!

Next I use a product that has been in my skin routine for years!! I have Emily from Beauty Broadcast on YouTube (click here to check out her YouTube) to thank for this one!  What is picture above is the store brand for the Olay 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths.  This is one product that I have found that both the name brand and off brand products are great!!  This is a cleansing product in a cloth, it's dry and when you add water is suds up and you use it much like you would a wash cloth.  One bonus, after you're done, you just toss the cloth into the trash and don't have to worry about germs and constantly having to wash towels!!  It's the perfect lazy girl's product!

After I have completely cleansed my face, if it's a night when I am not doing a mask, sometimes I will follow this step with the Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion.  This is a super super gritty face scrub and isn't something I do often because my face is WAY to sensitive for that.  But sometimes a good scrub is needed!

Finally, I follow all of this with my night prep and moisturizing routine.  I will talk about those in another Friday Favorites blog!

Morning:

It is super important for you to cleans your face in the morning too.  Clean anything that was pushed out of your pores during the night and prep for any make up you may use for the day.  My morning routine is fairly simple and I only use two products!! Yep, lazy girl here!

I start with the Cetaphil daily cleanser.  I know I'm not the first to rave about this product, but is amazing!!  I wet my face and hands, suds up the product with my hands, and then apply to my face.  That simple!

Finally, on mornings when the night before I hadn't used any kind of scrub I will use the St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub.  This is a very mild scrub and is good at removing any build up that my pores pushed out during the night.  I do have to say I only use this on mornings when I shower.  It is easier to make sure that it is all washed off when in the showers.

And folks, that's it!  I am so thankful that I have been able to find a combination of products that has enabled me to get my skin under control.  I have found, keeping the every day steps simple makes it the most productive!!

Have a great weekend lovelies!! 

XOXO,

Mikal-Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment