Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Favorites:Review of L'Oreal Advance Haircare Products


I am always on the hunt for the hair products that fit my hair the best.  I have lots of hair and it tends to be dry which leads me to look for moisturizing products.  In addition to that, my hair tends to figure out products.  I don't think I'm alone in this, but it leads me to having to change my shampoo and conditioners fairly often.  I change shampoo/conditioner about every time or every other time that I need to buy some more.  I definitely have my favorites that I continuously go back to but this time I decided to venture out to something new.



I picked up a few products for the L'Oreal Paris Advance Haircare from the drug store.  I picked up the Power Moisture Hydrating Shampoo, Volume Filler Thickening Conditioner, and the Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm.  

Here's some of my reasoning for the products I picked.  I know I've been told before that I should stick within the line of products to get the best results.  Meaning that I should get all the Volume Filler products or all the Power Moisture products, but  I just don’t totally agree with this.  I have hair that has different needs, not just dry and not just flat.  I NEED BOTH!!  So, since I notice that shampoo that truly cleanses you’re hair can be drying, I get the moisture and since my conditioner can cause my hair to fall flat, I get the volume one.  This may not make sense to others, but so far, it seems to work for me!

Now on to the review!!

I must say, I am very impressed with all of these products.  All of them leave my hair so unbelievably soft!  I have actually never had my hair be as soft as it is.  It’s soft but not fine.  Sometimes I have noticed that if my hair is super soft it feels fine and doesn't seem to hold a style.  Fortunately with these products, I don’t notice that.  My curls are soft and bouncy.  It’s been great.    

Now as for the volume ... I have to admit that about the same time I started using these products, I also got a haircut.  I fixed my layers a cut just a bit of length off, not a ton, but some.  Now whether the reason I noticed volume is solely because of these new products or if it’s been helped because of the recent cut, I’m not sure.  Either way, I like what I'm seeing.

Now as for the Damage-Erasing Balm ... I'm definitely not disappointed with this one.  I don’t think that it’s a holy grail item or that it is so much better than every other deep conditioning product, but I still really like it and would recommend it to anyone looking for one.  I think that EVERYONE should have a deep conditioning product, whether it's this one or another one, you definitely need one.  

I like to do a deep condition to my hair at least twice a week.  I like to pair a deep condition treatment with a clarifying shampoo.  Usually the beginning of the week and somewhere in the middle of the week I like to get all of the gunk that tends to build up off.   If I do something to my hair that I feel has caused some extra damage, I will do it again.  If I have styled my hair and done some teasing, I feel good to treat my hair after. Also, the day after a haircut, I also like to make sure I do a deep condition on my ends to make sure I'm protecting them from the very beginning.  This Damage-Erasing Balm is a good product to be using!

So ... What do I think ... I would definitely recommend any of these products and will definitely be repurchasing them ... In addition, I'm also excited to see and try out any of the other products in this line!!

Alright lovelies, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!  

xoxo,
Mikal-Anne



*** Disclaimer - I have not received any compensation for writing this post.  I have no material connection to the brands, products or services I have mentioned. ***


No comments:

Post a Comment