Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Morning Coffee: March Ipsy Bag



Good morning lovelies!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I know I sure did.  However, why do the weekends always go so fast!?

Today I want to share with you I got in my March Ipsy bag.  I'm sure by now everyone is probably aware of what Ipsy is.  But, just in case you don't, it is a subscription service.  For $10 a month you get a bag with delux size samples of products.  Depending on what the product is, sometimes you can get full size products.  As you can see above, I received a few fulls size products this month.  

I actually googled "What I Ipsy" hoping that Ipsy would have on their website a better description of the service.  What I found I listed below:

"After captivating countless viewers around the world through her beauty video tutorials on YouTube, Michelle Phan envisioned a vibrant community where women could be inspired to express their unique beauty. ipsy is that community!


“ipsy” comes from the Latin word ipse, meaning “sense of self.” Celebrating beauty of all forms in the world, ipsy provides a platform for anyone to express both their inner and outer radiance. When you become a member, you can learn new beauty tricks, participate along with your favorite beauty stylists in monthly looks, and connect with other ipsters who inspire you!"

Once you get your Glam Bag, you can follow along at home with our stylist-created looks, as well as share your own Looks and videos with the community.
The Glam Bag is only $10 a month, or $110 for an annual subscription. Shipping is free in the U.S. and USD $4.95 for Canada. "



This was kind of fun to find!  I think the fact that Ipsy comes from a word that means sense of self is such a cool thing! Make up is suppose to be able helping someone add to their natural beauty and nothing is more beautiful than someone who has full awareness of who they are!  I loved this!  

I was able to find what Ipsy lists as a description of the service:

"Each month, you’ll receive 4-5 deluxe sample or full-sized beauty goodies (including makeup, skincare, hair care, and nail care), along with a stylish makeup bag. 

What I like about this service is that I am able to try out lots of different types of products that I may not normally try and it's only 410!!  I have found some of my favorite products through this service and this month is no exception!


The first thing in my bag this month was a Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral eye shadow duo in Apricot Glow.  This is so so so beautiful!  The one shade is a beautiful cooper color.  Right now this has become my go to shadow to put into the crease of my eye with a big fluffy brush as a base or even a blending color.  The other shadow is a light golden color that is great all over the eye as a base or even in the crease as a shadow! So pretty! I am loving this combo!  

This is what Ipsy says about this product:

"Give your eyes a shimmery summer glow with this Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Eye Duo in Apricot Glow made exclusively for ipsy. These ultra-smooth shadows blend effortlessly and can be used wet or dry, depending on your desired makeup look."

If you've seen my what I packed for a weekend away blog (link), you have already seen this duo.  I see this being a much reached for product for a while!

Now, looking at the Pixi by Petra website, it looks like this is a small sample size of bigger pallets that they have called the Mesmerizing Mineral Pallet.  There are six different palletes that have have six shades.  I think the two in my Ipsy bag are in the Emerald Gold pallet.  These full pallets are $12.

Pixi by Petra, Mesmerizing Mineral Duo (link) - $12 for 6 shades.  So, $4 for this duo


Equitance brightening serum and spot corrector is the next thing.  This is what Ipsy says about the product:

"This pioneering spot-targeting serum formula zeroes in on the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark discoloration. It uses patented technology to continuously deliver the key brightening ingredient, linoleic acid. With daily use, this essential step in the brightening regimen brings clarity, brightness and radiance to skin’s appearance.
How to Use: Apply 2 or 3 drops of serum to fingertips. Dab on face and neck and/or targeted area of concern; gently massage. Apply mornings and evenings."
I am a little nervous about trying this product and so I haven't yet.  What makes me nervous is that this is a dark spot corrector and I have freckles.  Lots of freckles.  So, that leaves me a little nervous about how this serum will effect that.  If any of you know, please let me know.  
Equitance brightening serum and spot corrector (link).  Ok, hold your breath for this one!.. For 1oz, this is $125!!!! ... The sample I have is .24 and after doing a little math, it looks like this is about a $30 value! Good golly.  I guess I better do some investigating to see how this would effect my freckles because they are sure proud of this product!! lol

Ah! I was very excited when I saw this next product.  I have seen lot of people using some sort of eye gels and I wanted to try them!  They are the skyn Iceland Hydro Cooling Firming Eye Gels.  There were 2 packages included and each package has two gels.
This is what Ipsy says about this product:
"When you're run down and stressed out, the delicate skin under your eyes really takes a beating, resulting in puffiness, dark circles and premature wrinkling. In just ten minutes, this cooling transdermal gel patch infuses the eye area with highly potent actives and Icelandic glacial water to firm, tone, brighten and reduce the appearance of puffiness and wrinkles. Eyes are revived, soothed and rejuvenated.
ipsters who sample skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels will receive two pairs of eye gels."
skyn Iceland Hydro Cooling Firming Eye Gels (link) are listed on their website as $30 for 8 pairs.  So for the 2 pairs I have it is a $7.50 value!

Concealers are a difficult product for me.  I have horrible under eye circles, so I need a product that can pack a punch. In addition to that, I am so fair skinned and can have a hard time finding a product that matches my skin.  So, when I pulled out this Evelyn Ion Cosmetics Concealer I was a bit skeptical.  I am still testing and will do a full review later.
This is what Ipsy says about this product:
"Vitamin E, Cocoa Seed Butter, and Organic Coconut, Jojoba, & Castor Seed Oil...your skin is going to LOVE this Concealer! All-natural with certified organic ingredients formulated for sensitive skin makes for one line softening, moisturizing, and imperfection-hiding extravaganza!
Concealer is Made in USA, Gluten Free, Natural & Organic and Cruelty Free.
ipsters who sample the Evelyn Iona Cosmetics Concealer will receive the shade Flawless (medium ivory)." 
The Evelyn Ion Cosmetics website (link) lists this product as $18.75. 

Ah! I love this next product! I was so unbelieveably excited when I pulled this one out! Not only do I love NYX products but this product is great! Ah!  The name couldn't be any more perfect.  It is the NYX Butter Lipstick in Rose.  This is the softest lipstick! It is so creamy and my lips feel so mosturized.  Plus the color packs a punch!! It's great!!

This is what Ipsy says about this product:

"Pamper your lips with a hydrating kiss of smooth Butter Lipstick in 22 luxurious shades. The delicate texture of satin fused with the high color saturation creates an even finish on lips that’s long-wearing and beautiful.

ipsters who sample NYX Butter Lipstick will either receive: Hunk, Little Susie, or Pops."
The NYX website lists (link) list the price of this product as $6.  And let me tell you this, I will DEFINITELY be investing in more colors of this lips stick.  This is quickly becoming my go to lipstick.  It practically lives in my purse!!

So, what kind of value are we looking at in this bag?

Pixi by Petra, Mesmerizing Mineral Duo - $4.00
Equitance brightening serum and spot corrector - $30
skyn Iceland Hydro Cooling Firming Eye Gels - $7.50
Evelyn Ion Cosmetics Concealer - $18.75
NYX Butter Lipstick - $6.00
Total: $66.25!!!

For essentially a $10 investment, I got $66.25 in product plus a make up bag! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment