Monday, October 20, 2014

Slow Cooker Chili


I am a lover of my crock pot ... I actually think it is pretty much the best invention ever.  I'm not going to lie, I love being able to throw things into it, go about my day, and then come dinner time I have a wonderful meal waiting for me!! Now a little bit ago I had my lazy day and decided that chili seemed to be the perfect dinner for that lazy day (sorry pizza, the cold weather made you a runner up to chili!) ... Mind you, because there is just a little prep work, my whole day wasn't lazy.  But it's definitely worth it!!
Here's the recipe that I used ...

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground hamburger - browned and seasoned with salt, peper and onion powder
  • 1 cup white onion, diced
  • 1 Anaheim Pepper, seeds and stem removed, diced
  • 1/2 cup celery, diced
  • (1) 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
  • (1) 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained
  • (1) 14 ounce can beef broth
  • (1) 6 ounce can tomato paste
  • (1) 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
  • (1) 1.25 ounce packet McCormick Original Chili Mix
  • Optional ingredients for toppings - grated cheddar cheese, diced onion, Fritos or saltines

Instructions
  • Brown the burger and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder;
  • Add in ingredients to the crock pot, stir, cover, and set to LOW for 8 hours. Do not open lid during cooking time.


I also added in some bacon and red/orange/yellow peppers.  I had some in the fridge that needed to be used.  Check out my previous blog for the way I discovered to easily cook bacon! It's seriously life changing, at least for me!!

And.. that's it!! .. Super easy!  I served it over some Fritos to add a little crunch!


Click here for the link to where I found the recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment